[CQ-Contest] JT1BG SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] JT1BG SK
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:35:13 +0000
I wanted to add a couple of words about my friend Baatar JT1BG. The news was not a complete surprise as he was dealing with a few health issues for the past year or so. Yet when I received word from JT1BV, it was heartbreaking. Baatar was just a really fun guy. We clicked immediately during my first visit to JT1CO in November of 2001. He had a great sense of humor and as JT1CD said, he had a real zeal for ham radio.
In one case, Baatar ran into a couple of RFI issues after moving into a new apartment about a year ago. Apparently it got so bad with the neighbors that he feared a visit from the police. I could tell it bothered him greatly that he could not enjoy something he loved doing. Operating Ham Radio. The problem was eventually resolved with the installation of a Bencher lowpass filter on the output of his Chinese made amplifier. You could sense his relief half a world away. We often exchanged e-mail if only to pass along the latest WX report and to say hi. His last message of November 10 had the subject line of a smiling face. He said it was about ?5c and snowing. He also said he was feeling pretty good, about ?5 by 8.? He was QRV up until the very end operating his family call of JT1M in the JIDX contest.
So long good friend. I?m grateful for the opportunity to have known you.

Ken K4ZW