Re: [CQ-Contest] Another RTTY Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another RTTY Contest
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:28:08 -0000
Yes, it is mostly to keep it interesting for the ops.  There are not nearly
as many rtty contesters as cw or ssb so having extra multipliers and making
it possible to work everyone keeps it more fun.  Also the cqww rtty contest
is, or was, really a joint effort or merger of cq and rj contests... at
least for a while it was the cq/rj contest.

Of course today lots of the requirements for dedicated rtty hardware have
been removed so its possible for anyone using a modern computer and sound
card to do rtty.  of course it will take a while for everyone to get off
their dos loggers and into a decent machine that can handle it so activity
will take a while yet to catch up to cw and ssb.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net