[CQ-Contest] ARRL/RAC Sections History

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL/RAC Sections History
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:44:59 -0800
     For a project I am working on, I would like to know when the various
ARRL/RAC sections (http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html) have
been created/modified/deleted.  For instance, I know that in 2003, the
"section" covering VE8, VY1, and VY0 was renamed "Northern Territories
(NT)," and in 2000, West Central Florida (WCF) was created.  Northern New
York and Newfoundland/Labrador are recent additions, but I'm not sure
in which years they were added.  At some point in the past, West Texas was
created, and Washington was split into Western Washington and Eastern
Washington.  I'm sure there are other changes I'm not thinking of right now.

     I'd like to have a list of when each of these changes became effective.
I have not been able to find any such compilation on the web.

     In the absence of a complete list of the changes, I'd really like to
understand the VE1, VE9, VY2, VO1, and VO2 section history.  When did
the Maritime-Newfoundland section split into the two sections Maritimes and
Newfoundland/Labrador?  Is that the only change there has been? or was
Labrador ever treated as a separate section? or did Newfoundland and the
Maritimes used to be separate, were combined, and then separated again?
Reading old contest results has me totally confused.

    If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com