Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Be careful
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:50:39 EST
In a message dated 1/2/2005 8:57:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
btippett@alum.mit.edu writes:
>>K3BU:
>Just to bring to attention that verticals can be awesom, beat Yagis when
properly used (on salty beaches).

It's deja vu all over again...didn't we have this conversation
once before (see post from 21 March below).  More refined modeling
shows the small 3-stack has peak gain around 21.7 dBi, not 19.6 dBi
mentioned below.

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/terrain_&_toa's.htm

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV
W4ZV            2009   37  138      31   1,021,825 PVRC
N2EE/4          1675   36  128             792,284 FRC  LOW POWER
<<

Rest of the "reasoning" omitted.

Yep, here we go again :-)

So in the rest of your post you are comparing 18 elements of your optimized
stack with my crummy 4 el. 4sq. and I was LOW POWER that is my IC781 vs. your
ALPHA???

If I divide your score by the number of elements, you get 56,768 points per
element, while I get 198,071 points per element. That's 3.4 times, now add ???
for huge power difference and you get maybe 10x more. Something like 15 dB
overall benefit of Vs vs. Ys.

So who sucks? Yagis or verticals?  (:-)

Hi Kenny, compliments to your steamrolling of records with fishing poles in
the sand, I am right behind you, still arming :-)

Oh well, use whatever turns you on, just don't dump on my beechy verticals
and swimsuit.

73 HNY

Yuri,
www.K3BU.us