[CQ-Contest] IC756PROII question....

To: CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IC756PROII question....
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:27:22 -0800 (PST)

I am not sure this question is appropriate....but...here it goes...

I have been working on getting the amp on the ICOM756PRO using Pin 7 from ACC2
through a reed relay and a 150 ohm resistor (about 11 ma of current) then
hooked to Pin 3 which goes to ground.  Works FB.

But, when I want to use audio out of the computer for RTTY or PSK31 (not that I
need the amp for PSK31) hooked to ACC1...it doesn't work until I pull ACC2 out.
 Apparently, Pin 3 on both ACC connectors are in parallel and sink to ground,
but the PTT from the computer will not kick in.  The PTT from the computer uses
a 4n25 Optoisolator to do the PTT on ACC1.  I wonder if there is some back bias
on the optoisolator so it won't key on ACC1 until ACC2 is pulled because of the
voltage being switched to ground.  Anyone seen this?

The other alternative is to use 13.8 volts on the reed relay on the interface
and then use the acutal relay in the PROII.  I have heard that might not be a
good thing, but the relays draws only 10 MA to pull in.

What have others done here?

Lee - K0WA