[CQ-Contest] re: desk design

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: desk design
From: "Rich Dailey, N8UX (2)" <redailey@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:34:18 -0400
While not the most frugal of solutions, I purchased 3 unfinished kitchen "filler"
cabinets, and an 8' countertop. I sawed of the recessed bases of the 3 cabinets
to achieve the proper desk height, and spaced them equally to create 2
operating positions. Raised shelves for the rigs (I prefer the rigs that way), plenty
of storage under the rig shelves as well as drawers/cabinets. Has worked great
for 10 years for dx'ing and "non top-ten box" contesting. And the xyl (KB4NPI)
is cool with it.

Don't forget a decent chair with adjustable height and backrest. Really helps to
change the configuration of the chair during a long stint.

You can see some of it at -

http://www.qsl.net/n8ux/

I'll try to get a few older shots uploaded to the Random picture section that show
the desk a lil better.

Rich, N8UX