[CQ-Contest] K0DQ Honored

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K0DQ Honored
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:42:29 EDT
Please, I am just forwarding news posted in the ARRL Letter  because Scott is
one of the finest members of the amateur radio and  contesting community I
have ever known. Let's not start another political  debate.

Tom, K5RC
------------------------------------
Scott Redd, K0DQ, receives commendation: Iraq Coalition  Provisional
Authority (CPA) Administrator Ambassador L. Paul Bremer recently  presented
retired Vice Admiral Scott Redd, K0DQ, with the Secretary of  Defense Medal
for Exceptional Public Service. Redd served as deputy  administrator and
chief operating officer for CPA with responsibility for  reconstruction
projects in Iraq. The award commends Redd's "extraordinary  leadership and
vision" while serving in Baghdad as one of Bremer's two  deputies. Redd has
returned to Washington to assume duties as executive  director of the
Presidential Commission on Intelligence Capabilities of the  United States
Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction. Redd said he left  Baghdad with
mixed emotions but reiterated his strong belief that the  "strategic course
we are pursuing is right and  enduring."