Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: awesome double dipping, for dummies

To: Derrick Belbas <ve4vv@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: awesome double dipping, for dummies
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 07:51:43 -0700
On Sat, 01 May 2004 11:49:41 -0500, Derrick Belbas wrote:

>My filthy, sloppy solution was to cut each half of the inv. V for a
>different part of the band.  In that case, it actually worked okay; tuner
>not required from 3500 to 3950.

This doesn't really do what you think it does.  You still have a half
wave antenna, but now it is off-center fed.  If the matching ability is
improved, that's good, but it is not because there are two resonances.
It is partly because the feedpoint impedance is different and partly
because the antenna is no longer balanced, which may actually improve
things due to radiation from the coax.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW