Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer

To: K-Zero-HB@earthlink.net,CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer
From: Reid Hill <kc5ykx@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:04:52 -0800 (PST)
Hans-

Why not go with 2 boxes, 1 keyboard, 1 monitor, 1
mouse and 1 switch box. I have a 4 port version at
work so I can switch between a 95, 98, 2000 and XP
computer. 4 cpu's and only one of everything else.
That way you can keep the radio stuff seperate from
the home office stuff. I do it from home with a 2 port
as well, switching the main computer with the lighter
packet/internet/whatever/spare computer. Might be a
solution for what you want to do and save you the
space. Belkin makes these things as well I am sure do
ither companies.

Reid
KC5YKX