[CQ-Contest] Re: QSO B4

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: QSO B4
From: "Kenny K2KW" <K2KW@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:17:29 -0500
>If say D44TD and IR4T are both listening on the same
>frequency how do you
>stop this duplication?

When I sense the timing is not right - i.e. their
response is a bit too late, or early, I purposely only
send a partial call.  If the station doesn't correct
you, it's pretty certain he was calling someone else.

Example:  I am running split on 40m and DL6FBL calls
me on 40m.  DL6FBL was loud and clear, but I only
say "DL6? 59 03"  If DL6FBL doesn't correct his call,
you can be pretty certain he was calling someone else.

If there are no other clear RX frequencies, sometimes
you might have to tough it out.  In those cases, I end
up sending a lot of partial calls just to make certain
the station is really calling me.  Sometimes I will
try and change my CQ cycle to see if I can get out of
synch with the other guy listening on the same RX
which again helps identify the station that is calling
you.

Kenny K2KW