[CQ-Contest] Push-to-talk and PTT to become illegal?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Push-to-talk and PTT to become illegal?
From: spederson@yahoo.com (Spederson)
Date: Mon Jun 23 15:04:43 2003
I saw this over the weekend.

My understanding of the trademark law is -

If the defending company (in this case Sprint, Verizon, etc.) can produce
documentation showing that the term existed before Nextel applied for the
trademarks, then it not considered valid.

It would be quite easy to come up with Amateur Radio equipment (and
commercial, for that matter) glossy ads showing this terminology was used
well before the 1990's, when Nextel applied for the Trademark.

Scott - KI5DR