[CQ-Contest] Multi Op or just "Control Op"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi Op or just "Control Op"
From: wd4ahz@gte.net (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Mon Nov 25 23:40:02 2002
OK ... have got a question for folks who like to interpret rules.

I have a licensed YL no-code Technician friend, who has shown some
interest in Contesting.  I'm trying to get her to do some SSB contest
operating from my station.  I don't have much (if any) interest in
operating those Contests.  Since she can't operate HF without me acting
as "control operator", if we do enter a contest, would it be as

1)  Single op (she does all the operating, logging, etc.)
2)  Multi op (I'd just do the usual "control op" functions, but not do
any actual operating myself)

Obviously, if I assisted in any way with any operating functions, that
would automatically make us multi-op, which I'm comfortable with.  I'm
just curious to know, if she does all the work, and I'm just watching
and monitoring, would that count as a "true" single op operation?

Thanks, Ron  WD4AHZ