[CQ-Contest] Re eQSL change of policy...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re eQSL change of policy...
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sat Apr 6 13:54:36 2002
Cormac,

Good questions.  Short answers:

1.  For many years, the US FCC has not legally required us to keep a
logbook -- and some don't.  We are encouraged to do so but it's no longer a
legal requirement.

2.  eQSL will print and mail a QSL that has been put in your electronic "in
box."  Right now this is only available in North America.  They will charge,
at present, $1 per card, with a $5 minimum charge to set up your "account."

3.  If anyone prints a QSL card with your call on it, and sends out that
card based on your log, they are acting as a QSL Manager.  eQSL's present
system of charging for cards means that they are doing just that, since the
printed card is based on your log.    This is why many amateurs have now
pulled their logs from eQSL.cc.

73, ron wn3vaw

"Why, he's no fun, he fell right over."

-- The Firesign Theatre