[CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] [book] call for chapter ideas
From: larryj@teleport.com (Larry Johnson)
Date: Thu Jan 24 19:38:17 2002
I think one of the most important things I learned from the old 1980's
Contest Cookbook was that if you don't have tower(s) and beam(s), it is
most worthwhile to put up a tribander beam on a TV push up mast for just
the contest weekend. I did that (put up a TA-33 3-element tribander yagi
using bottom 4 sections of a 50' TV push up mast, with just one set of
guys at the top) with the intent of just using it in an ARRL DX contest
for the weekend. But it wound up staying up for about 3 years (yes, _I_
finally took it down!)

Larry K7LJ