[CQ-Contest] Multi-Single - How?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single - How?
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sat Feb 3 10:23:08 2001
I've had several replies so far - many thanks to all for taking the time.
It's a lot clearer to me now.

The long and the short of it is that Multi-Single in ARRL contests is very
different than Multi-Single in the CQ contests -- in ARRL contests, you
must have some way to keep the two stations from transmitting at the same
time, but in CQ contests, there isn't the same restriction, only the
restriction that the second station work mults (wish we'd known that for
the CQWW last year!)

And basically, I gather that multi-single in ARRL contests is not
necessarily worth the effort, considering the rules restrictions. Seems
like Multi-Two is a better category for us to enter, even if it is more
competitive (it's not like we were going to win anyway!). We'll rustle up a
crew to keep both stations busy (or else we'll both work our tails off!)

73,

-Marty NW0L
   martyt@pobox.com