[CQ-Contest] SO2R NOT a new category

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R NOT a new category
From: w7ti@jps.net (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri Jun 2 16:52:50 2000
----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Shohet <kq2m@mags.net>
<snip>

So lets dispense with financial issues as an excuse.  If I can do it for a
few extra hundred dollars so can anyone else!

I agree absolutely, in fact I have not two but three radios which could be
pressed into service anytime.  It's NOT a question of money, it's a question
of fair competition.  It's why, in auto racing, stock cars do not race
against Indy cars, even if there is only one driver.  The competition would
be ridiculous, the outcome predetermined and utterly boring.

The attraction in contesting should be focused on the competition and skill,
not the hardware.  That's why the WRTC is so great - the stations are
equalized as much as possible, and the winner has REAL bragging rights,
unlike the two-radio guy who beats the one-radio guy.

W7TI