[CQ-Contest] Which Linear to Purchase?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Which Linear to Purchase?
From: Don_Daze@enron.com (Don Daze)
Date: Tue Jun 1 23:10:04 1999
Can any one make a recommendation on which Linear to purchase?
I am considering the Ameritron AL-1500, Commander 2500, or Alpha 99B.
The Linear will be primarily used for medium gun DX-contesting.  It will replace
my Dentron Clipperton L, which has served me well for the past 18 years.
Currently I am using an Icon-756 xcvr.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has hands on experience with one
of the above linears.  I will summarize and post replies.
Tnx & 73,
Don Daze, N5DD
Don_Daze@enron.com