[CQ-Contest] Hearing Voices

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hearing Voices
From: kk7gw@yahoo.com (David Jones)
Date: Tue May 18 17:11:12 1999

> I'd like to know how many of you experience that and for how long.  If you
> don't mind, send me email with how long you usually hear the "ghost code"
> and any other interesting notes about post-contest consciousness
> enhancement.  All reports kept strictly confidential, if desired.

This is a very interesting phenomenon, even stranger when you actually
experience it!  When I first started doing 48 hour contests, I was hearing
CW
in EVERYTHING, be it appliances, car noises, engine noise, AM/FM radio
noise,
bird chirps, etc.  In fact, after doing WW CW at W7RM this past season, I
heard
CW in stuff for 2 or 3 days after I got home.

However, even more interesting is the fact that this effect didn't occur for
very long after ARRL DX CW at N6TR/K7RAT's.  I remember hearing CW in the
plane's engines on the way home (didn't help that I was sitting right next
the left wing), but that was it.

Voices...I think this also translates to voices as well.  After doing WPX
SSB
at W7RM I was hearing voices on the way home in the AM radio, and in the TV
once we got home.  But this only lasted a few hours.

Some people say this effect comes and goes, and it will be interesting to
see
other people's experiences, and my own experiences in the next several
years.

73
===
David Jones, KK7GW