[CQ-Contest] Contesting in year 2000?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting in year 2000?
From: wa6bil-3@juno.com (Jeff Kincaid)
Date: Fri Mar 26 01:15:49 1999
Lots of good comments went by on the software aspects of Y2K, but what
about the hardware?  I bet I'm not the only cheapskate ham still running
old PCs with non-compliant BIOS.  But there _is_ a solution.  Go to
www.caldera.com and download the latest version of DR-DOS (free for
personal use).  The DR-DOS kernal detects an out-of-range date during
boot and corrects it.  Poof!  Your hardware is now (apparently)
compliant.  We now return you to your previously-scheduled software
compliance problems.  :)

By the way, DR-DOS comes with a nifty dual-boot loader, so you can train
it to fix the date and then load Windoze, if that's your preference.

 Jeff Kincaid, WA6BIL     DM03     wa6bil@juno.com     jeffk@bix.com
http://members.delphi.com/jeffk/index.html

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:06:42 +1300 Martin Ellis <jmellis@ihug.co.nz>
writes:

>Good morning,
>We have an information overload of advice on PC's as to
>possible problems in the year 2000.  It seems that the older
>models of 286 and 386 are unlikely to be year 2000 compliant.

<snip>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]