[CQ-Contest] Post Contesting Theory 101

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Post Contesting Theory 101
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun Jul 5 07:49:22 1998
Doug,

You have still not answered my previous question:

What if the DX  station missends his call for part or
all of the contest.  (keyer misprogrammed, or
leading dot dropped by slow VOX, or sloppy bug, etc.)

Who do you penalize?

The guy who CORRECTLY copied the missent call?

The guy who knew the correct call and CHANGED it in his log?

The guy who missent his call?

It is my belief that the participants have a RIGHT to know
how the rules are going to be intrepreted and enforced
before the contest, or at least before they submit their log..

de  Tom  N4KG