[CQ-Contest] Frequency theft

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Frequency theft
From: jerry@ut4uz.kar.net (Yuri N. Onipko)
Date: Wed Mar 11 16:42:12 1998
Hi, Doug
It happens (at least to me) almost every large Contest. Last time it was
in ARRL SSB last weekend, when 9A9D suddenly begun to call "CQ Contest"
on my run freq (21.415.5). All my requests, cries, etc. didn't act - he
simply "didn't hear" me. After about 10 minutes I left, because all W/VE
called him, not me, though we had the same power (500)...
I think it's a policy of some guys - to jump on someone's else frequency,
if it's impossible to find the clear one,
and begin to fight, there's always somebody who has less power or worth
antennas, and one can "win"...
My 2 cents.
73,  "Jerry"   UT4UZ / N2WCQ