One last Summary Dunestar & I.C.E.

Subject: One last Summary Dunestar & I.C.E.
From: kt6v@concentric.net (C.T. Morton)
Date: Fri Nov 8 10:52:58 1996
Final, Final summary:

Just had a wonderful (see below) weekend with two 1500 watt stations
whose
linears were next to each other...both stations used ICE 419 multiband
filters.
Initial results from 3830 and the reflector indicate we did rather well!
1445
X Sweep, #1 high claomed score so far.

73
Jim K1ZX

    I am sorry for my late reply to your post. You may want to send
this out to the everyone else as well.
    I have been frustrated with ICE's low power bandpass filters. The
bandpass loss was higher than ICE's specs. The return loss isn't very
good and the adjacent band rejection does not meet their published
specifications in many cases. I made all of my measurements with a HP
Network Analyzer. I have had filter failure at the 100 watt level
during contests as well.
    I took my desires for the ultimate bandpass filter to W3NQN last
year. During the past 9 months we have worked on a 200 watts
continious duty, high performance filter for each of the 6 bands.
During CQ WW phone we used these filters on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and
10. They are VERY good. THe filters were also used at HC8N, KS9K and
N2RM. The bandpass loss is much better than ICE or Dunestar. Always
less than .5 dB. The adjacent band loss is better than 40 dB. The
return loss is better than 25 dB for all models. They are available in
SINGLE BAND units, custom made and tuned/ tested.
I have NO financial interest in the filters, but I am the point of
contact for obtaining them.
15 and 10 meter versions of the filters are just now in production.
160 through 20 are available now.

Tim K3LR

73 Tom K6CT (x-KT6V)