No subject

Subject: No subject
From: jcrovell@gbsmail.bcs.lucent.com (jcrovell@gbsmail.bcs.lucent.com)
Date: Wed Nov 6 13:11:37 1996
>From jcrovell Wed Nov 06 14:14 EST 1996 remote from 580howard
>From: "John Crovelli" <jcrovell@580howard>
To: "'Contest'" <CQ-Contest@tgv.com>
Subject: Effect of Vanity Calls on Pileups
Date: Wed Nov  6 14:14    0

Hi Everyone.

Just reviewed the entire list of vanity calls issued yesterday.  Was
surprised on how many made the choice to change a call that to me was
perfectly fine for contesting.  In any event congrats to all and hope you
put those new calls to good use.

I expect the CQWW CW will experience a notable surge in activity as many
will want to try out their new on-the-air identity.  I'm looking forward to
hearing all those one by twos make the pileups flow smoother and easier.

Guess the other big winners are the QSL printers.  Just think of the
hundreds of thousands of new cards that will be ordered.

73,  John  W2GD/P40W