80m wire yagi info needed

Subject: 80m wire yagi info needed
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Nawvemburr Zeeero Dawg House)
Date: Fri Nov 1 12:15:19 1996
Ari Korhonen wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> We have plans to put up a wire yagi for 80m. If you are using one, I´d love
> to hear your ideas, comments etc, etc.
>
>                      Thanks, 73             Ari, OH1EH

Ari

I have a two element 80 meter beam with inverted V elements. The peak of
the Inv. V's are at 90' and they are spaced about 45' apart. When
compared to a full sized ground plane and and a Half square the beam is
about 1 s unit better  for signals closer than about 1500 KM , beyond
that the VErtical and Half square are as good or better. Also because of
the Inverted V construction the front to side is very poor.

DAve
N0DH