good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)

Subject: good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)
From: Spencer Lazar <slazar19@sgi.net> (Spencer Lazar)

     As you said:

>>> "For all the good this post will do, I might as well sign up
>>>  for a ride in the Fish Head gas balloon at Dayton this
>>>  Spring, but nonetheless it makes me feel better now that
>>>  I have had my say."
>>>
>>>                                          "AA9AX"

As I say:

Dear Honorable Mr. Slim,

Let me introduce myself, I am Archiboldas Swinette president of the
Association of the 75 Meter Window Police. (I like what you said in your
postings about Fish Head Gas, and I love to sniff that stuff because it
smells so good.)

The purpose of the Swine Patrol and Window Police is to promote contesting!
I do have to apologize for the language on 75 meters, but its purely out of
frustration. Put yourself in my cloven hoofs and see how you would feel, It
takes a lot of time to tweak up a pair of 4-1000's to nail some little
sprinter running 20 watts to a 40 meter dipole 15 feet high on 3853 khz,
(This new breed of contester won't get his antenna up any higher because its
too cold outside.) and then have him qsy and run away before I can nail his
curely little tail!

I enjoy reading all their dissertations on all the reflectors about the blow
by blow battles for a measly 22 Q's. You know the ones with the weakest
contest signals do the most cq'ing on all your reflectors! I guess its
easier to put out a signal on the reflector instead of developing and/or
operating at a station  with good or adequate antennas and learning contest
skills.

I hate to admit it, the Sprints contest concept rewards good operating over
good stations. Now the new breed wants to change the hours, change the
bands, outlaw 5's, 6's and 7's from participating, and change everything
else. They even want the non contesters off the band when they are
operating! The only impovements they make in their stations, are faster
modems and more com ports!

You know on our Swine Reflector, our fine farmers  have at least 50 hours of
jamming skills just in the Spints. They work hard to have the best stations
and antennas within their means, and when they have learned the skills to
the best of their abilities, then they ask for or give help on the
reflector. Speaking about asking for help, they usually do their research
first, and then they will ask for help on subjects which usually require
personal experience or input from others. When they do post, they usually
post on the correct reflector and on relevants subjects.

Finally you have to excuse me for waddling in this slop, but thats what us
pig farmers do. One thing that really set me off when I was jamming
sprinters is that Spike, Ike, Mike or Fike guy, or what ever the hell he
calls himself, he called me a really filthy name. The last time he called me
a "Yellow belly carpet baggin red neck southern geek"! That instigater
loaded that message in his voice board and anytime I was within 3 khz he
blasted with that foul stuff. I don't get anywhere near him now, and let me
warn you other Sprinters, if any of you dare to do that to me or my friends
, We will be sure to look you up at Dayton!

                          Your humble savant,

                          Dr. Bafoofnik  ****, (Call witheld by Swine Police)