Two Radio Notes - A Story and NA/CT updates

Subject: Two Radio Notes - A Story and NA/CT updates
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Sun Aug 7 17:07:06 1994
Funny thing happened during the NAQP. I was CQing on 20 and
tuning on 15. Wasn't much happening on 15, then I came across N6TR
CQing. I figured I would see if Tree got any action and if he did
I would switch to CQing on 15 and tuning 20. Tree wasn't getting
any responses on 15. I wasn't getting much action on 20 either,
until N6TR called me. During the exchange I could hear Tree CQing
while I was sending my exchange. After he sent his exchange, I
told him I was listening to him on 15 and concluded with HI HI.
His dit dit came back on 15. Well, it is a story only two radio
contesters can appreciate. The XYL gave me a blank stare when
I related it to her on our walk this morning.

Some NA and CT two radio notes. I just upgraded to NA 9. When I
tested it before NAQP I found it wasn't picking up the different
band when I switched to Radio B from Radio A. I talked to Tim,
K3LR about it. Two days later he called to say a new beta version
was available for me to download that would poll the radio every
second. It worked great, except when I went to edit a previous
QSO (if I toggled to Radio A before pressing ENTER to log the
QSO, or to make a call or name correction.) Then the edited QSO
would change to the current band and the time field would blank.
The edited QSO would also write over anything on the current QSO
line, which cost me a least one Q in NAQP as I forgot the call of
the guy I just worked. (One problem with using computer logging
is I forget stuff immediately since I figure the computer will
remember it. I've sent a note to Tim on this. My suggestion for
a fix is to just have current band info passed to the current QSO
line.

I also just downloaded a beta test version of CT9.03 which lets you
specify Radio 1 and Radio 2 (via different COM ports) and toggle
between them with ALT-Period. Now if you can control keying using
LPT 1 and LPT 2 and wire a harness to handle the keyer paddle,
and if the band map and needed mults window are toggleable? we will
be in two radio heaven.

73, Ken, AB6FO KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM