K3UA Limited Multi VHF Score

Subject: K3UA Limited Multi VHF Score
From: KR2J@aol.com (KR2J@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 13 16:09:23 1994
                              ARRL VHF QSO PARTY  1994

Call: K3UA
                                                                    Country:
USA
>From Riansares Mountain (AKA Big Mountain)2700' ASL   Category: Limited Multi
FN11HB Clinton County, PA

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS      GRIDS

       50      378      378          98
      144      571      571          64
      222       82      164          36
      432       93      186          37
     -----------------------------------
     Totals   1124     1299         235  =   305,265

We also made 21 qsos in 16 grids on 1296.

Operator List: K3UA, KZ2S, KA2AEV, N2NT, N2NU, NZ4K, KU8E, WW2Y, N2ME
                      KD8NS, KF8OG, KA3JNN, KR2J

Special thanks to KB2AH for:
- loan of a 432 amp
- a trailer mounted 100' crankup tower

Murphy dropped in on us too.
Conditions were less than what we hoped for.
We didn't get the antennas for 432 and 1296 put up for several hours after
the start.
The borrowed 432 amp didn't work at all.
The 432 mast mounted preamp blew up.
The 6 meter amp didn't work - temporarily.
The 2 meter FM feedline opened up.

Good parts:
The WX.
No injuries.
Good food (I'm the cook!)
We had a great time.
We worked W0UC on 2m SSB meteor scatter (really cool!)
We heard AA9D on 2m SSB meteor scatter (cool, but not cool enough!)

This VHF stuff is great! (Even if you don't win)
73,
KR2J