Computer logging requests

Subject: Computer logging requests
From: 71034.3544@CompuServe.COM (Wayne Wright)
Date: Wed Mar 10 22:00:08 1993
K3NA asked: Once I asked K1EA to add a feature to CT that would allow
an operator to "capture" on a screen each pileup on the band.

And K1CC asked: Adding to K3NA's wish-list, along the same lines I
would propose a way of keying in several partial callsigns you hear
in a pile-up calling

And N2IC mentioned a 2 PC demo of CT and a grayline map.

There is an available answer to all these requests. Its called
WriteLog (advertised in NCJ). Send me an email at:

        71034.3544@compuserve.com

with a US mailing address and I'll send you the demo version (limited
to ~50 QSOs) on a 3.5" floppy for FREE. (All you'll get is the
floppy. Run A:\SETUP.EXE, and, if you're new to Windows, read the
Windows manual--WriteLog follows the rules.)

It runs on Windows 3.1 and includes a large number of features that
should interest CT users, like:

S&P memories with on-screen display of call and frequency (for K3NA).
Spreadsheet interface to QSO data for easy edit (WriteLog's rule is
it always accommodates you--you don't accomomdate it) for K1CC.
Windows--run WriteLog and something else--including grayline
maps--simultaneously.
Don't spend $300 on a dedicated DVK when your $99 Sound Blaster will
do the job (and run your kids games, too!).
Summary sheets in Microsoft Write format.
Highly customizable--add fields to the exchange, arrange the windows
on the screen where you like. (If you're a C programmer, you can
even add contest-specific multiplier modules)
Single Op/two radio support--makes SS lots more fun.
Do you have a real computer with a large monitor? DOS programs look
like they're designed for the seeing impaired? Use Windows.

And all the standard features you expect from a contest log keeper.
(ASCII file export, packet, etc., etc., etc.)

BTW. Don't expect technical support from Austin Code Works (the folks
that sell WriteLog). Send me email at the above address.

73,
        Wayne
        W5XD