Antennaware

Re: [Antennaware] Help with Short Dipole

Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Help with Short Dipole
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 21:50:46 -0500
Thanks Mike. Yes I agree 100%. Could not agree more. You and I know what the results will be.

But this is an experiment I want to perform in the name of science and for my personal satisfaction (I love messing with antennas on paper then trying them out on the air).

I know positively that I will end up with a vertical of some flavor but the 160m dipole is already in the air and I have already built up a pair of loading inductors, installed them on the 160m dipole, tweaked their value so that the antenna has minimum SWR at 474 kHz, now all I need to do is transform the low impedance at the feedpoint to 50 ohms via a transformer or "gamma" inductor or something and I can then run my tests and be done. I would not be happy if I did not at least try it out to see for myself.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....