Antennaware

R: [antennaware] phased multiband verticals

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [antennaware] phased multiband verticals
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 19:27:41 +0100
When a vertical is raised from ground, and such height is consistent in term
of wavelenght, the gain at very low angles decreases.
Since usual tribanders mostly mean 10 15 and 20m were useable elevtion
angles are very low (i.e. 1deg @ 28 MHz), what's gained because of phasing
between verticals is totally lost and worsened (negative gain)when the 4
square is consistently raised off the real ground.

73,
Mauri I4JMY