[3830] RAC Winter W2LCQ Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter W2LCQ Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 22:10:54 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2023

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: NYC-LI
Operating Time (hrs): 9.0

   80:    5      2       2         1
   40:   91      5       6         2
   20:   41      8       6         5
Total:  137     15      14         8  Total Score = 17,908

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is one of my most favorite contests. Great way to start the year. The
Canadian ops are very courteous and a joy to work. On the air Friday night and
late Saturday afternoon as had family obligations. Ran most of the contest at 30
wpm occasionally dropping to 28 wpm. When things slacked off I went to SSB and
always got a contact or two. Followed my strategy and plan working off the AW.
The trend is my friend. With only a 22' antenna you need to know who to call,
when to call and how to call on S&P. When running I watch the Info window
carefully. If I'm getting double digit db spots I know I'm good to go. I don't
use filters if I can help it; I need to hear the whole frequency. If I hear even
a touch of QRN on my QRG I pack up and move.I find Run QRGs on the AW!  Friday
20m was open to the west and I got all the RAC . Worked a number of RAC
stations. My last QSO Saturday night at 1858 UTC was VO1RAC which put the icing
on the cake and moved me up 2 slots on the contest scoreboard.

Icom 7300 100w out
Icom AH-4 Auto Tuner
Antenna 22' long end fed #22 gauge magnet wire in a tree
Begali Contour paddle
Heil Pro Set headset w/boom mic

Dell 7480 laptop w/27" monitor
Windows 10/N1MM+