[3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 20:57:35 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 30

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX

Total:  QSOs = 80  Total Score = 178

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Got on in an early evening, later evening, and a morning session just before
dawn. Three little segments of about an hour each. Low band noise, but my
Beverage RX ant was off line so all reception with the transmit antenna. Not a
peep heard from EU or JA. Best DX, KH6. Low key... did almost wholly S&P as
didn't feel I was hearing the marginal sigs. Lots of nice little comments and
refreshing my iffy memory on names, etc. Thanks all.

Running a K3 plus Alpha amp at about a KW into a tower vertical with ten or so
ground wires over a limestone hilltop... probably a very poor ground plane. But
lots of fun to get a chance to get on. Best season wishes to all.

Jim N3BB