[3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.spencer@zoho.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 19:43:27 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 30

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 564  Total Score = 2,167

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

As others have mentioned, unusual conditions. Rapid and deep QSB even on close
in stations (such as VA and many stations from New England). But also on DX.

While EU was never rolling in something happened around 0200 and EU got somewhat
better. But then, perhaps an hour or a little more later, seemed to shut down
again.

With the deep and rapid QSB (sometimes for a few letters, sometimes for several
attempts to complete) I anticipate lots of busted Qs.

Have some sorting to do with the radio 9Anan 7000dle). Listening in different
directions with each receiver, got what sounded like an echo. If I brought
volume of either to zero, easy copy in the other direction. Sorry for requesting
repeats from even strong signals.

Except for a couple KH6 nothing heard from the PAC or Asia.

Even given the challenging conditions, the Stew is always fun and a challenge.

Once again logged on to the real time scoring web page. Watching scores progress
kept motivation high and provided some amusement when things went slack.

Thanks Boring Radio Club for creating and continuing to support this contest.

Anan 7000dle
RF Kit RF2K+ solid state amp
Phased towers
Several receive antennas