[3830] TBDC 8P5A(W2SC) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC 8P5A(W2SC) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 19:30:31 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 30

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Barbados

Total:  QSOs = 382  Total Score = 3,804

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Was here with the family for New Years.  Thought I would sneak away to the
station for an evening to play in the Stew Perry.  Was not sure how long I would
be on, but wanted to have a good test of the 160 meter antennas which have been
problematic all year.

Conditions to EU seemed pretty good with over 100 Q's in that direction.
However, working the US was a struggle.  The RX antenna did not seem to have its
expected directionality and I often heard better on the EU antenna.  It seemed
like every US QSO was hard work.  The ultimate QSO mix produced a points per Q
of just under 10.

Stayed on longer than expected but had fun.

Thanks to the exemplary team at the Boring ARC for organizing this unique
event.

Congrats to all my friendly neighbors PJ2T, ZF9CW and NP2X for their fine
efforts.

73 and have a great New Year

Tom W2SC