[3830] TBDC KE2D Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KE2D Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 19:14:45 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 30

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 8:09

Total:  QSOs = 392  Total Score = 1,136

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My second best score in SP (2020 was my best). Conditions seemed relatively
good, especially compared to earlier in the month during ARRL 160m which was
absolutely dismal (I operated with W2GD & Co.), although not as good as some
past years (my notes from 2016 said that was the best year I've heard). I got a
late start but did well once I was underway. N2IC in NM was surprisingly loud
when I worked him around 00:30z. It must have just been getting dark there.
Other surprises: SK3W (SM5INO) was so lound when he called around 0130z that I
thought for sure I was miscopying a US call. UT6UD called in around 0230z and
was also relatively loud and easy to copy. KH6AQ was never loud to me but was
solid for many hours starting around 0500z when I first worked him and even when
I unintentionally duped him later on. He must hear well because he answered me
on the first call both times. He was still audible when I got back on around
1130z. I had a short run of stations from Europe from about 0530z till just
before 0700z and then that end very suddenly. Thanks for all the QSOs in 2023
and HNY to everyone.