[3830] RAC Winter K2ZR/4 Single Op CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K2ZR.NFR@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter K2ZR/4 Single Op CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 15:29:53 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2023

Call: K2ZR/4
Operator(s): K2ZR/4
Station: K2ZR/4

Class: Single Op CW LP
QTH: Key West FL
Operating Time (hrs): 06:00

  160:    0     0        0         0
   80:    5     0        0         0
   40:   38     0        5         0
   20:   31     0        6         0
   15:   22     0        4         0
   10:   35     0        4         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  131     0       19         0  Total Score = 11,552

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

RIG: K2 @ 70-90 Watts

ANT: OCF Wire Cut For 40M + for 80M add apprx: 80' of gutter.
A 4:1 balun if tied to a corner of my 20' x 10' deck. The antenna's 44' element
runs from the balun at a corner of my deck along the top of the railing at
approx 15' asl. Then goes down 3' and about 14' runs back along the bottom of
the railing. The 23' length goes from the balun to the peak of the roof and back
down to the opposite corner of the deck. For 80M I patch a 10' piece of wire
from the end of the 23' section to my gutters both the horizontal and vertical
sections of the gutter system. I can also load it on 160 and can make some Qs
with the antenna
It 'taint pretty but it gets me OTA in Key West. K2QO, K2NV & W2DXE have all
been to my QTH and may be able to visualize my antenna's layout. I have new
neighbors downstairs and have not met with them about running the 44' length of
wire to a tree behind my QTH. It's hardly noticeable but it runs right over
their backyard. I'm waiting for a good time to chat with them about doing that.

I worked Brian, N2MF a couple of times. I heard K2QO once.

73 from the Conch Republic,
Dick, K2ZR/4
"The Southernmost Ham Shack In The Continental USA"