[3830] ARRL 160 NX6T(@WA6TQT) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NX6T(@WA6TQT) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 21:06:54 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6CY N6KI WM6Y WQ6X
Station: WA6TQT

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Anza, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 458  Sections = 71  Countries = 7  Total Score = 75,504

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

At the last minute, N6KI (Dennis) cobbled together the "usual gang of
idiots"
(minus Alfred himself) to run WA6TQT's fabulous Anza station remotely.
For 160, WA6TQT sports a full-size Tr-Square array, which allegedly
had a failure in the S-E vertical.  While we had a reasonably strong
signal all over, the vertical phasing direction seemed to be completely
off.  To work VE6 and W8 (Mi), the best signals were had by selecting the
"due West" direction of the array.  Pointing N-E allowed for better
signals
to V31.
In the end, we ran frequencies most of the time, so, whoever heard us,
heard us and called in - either way we get the 2-points and/or multipliers.
Read the write-up on this GiG at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com.