[3830] OK RTTY K1DC(@K1KP) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1dc.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY K1DC(@K1KP) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:19:12 +0000
                    OK DX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: K1DC
Operator(s): K1DC
Station: K1KP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Remote Operation

   80:   43   189      11         7
   40:  111   483      23        16
   20:  151   212      27        12
   15:  110   171      27        11
   10:   57   109      29        11
--------------------------------------
Total:  472  1164     117        57  Total Score = 202,536

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My second year in this contest and boy, what a difference a year makes!  More
than 16x my 2022 score!  Most of that gain is from Tony's K1KP station - Thanks
a ton, Tony!  Despite running barefoot I still managed to make most Qs on the
first or second call.  However, running still petered out after a few minutes so
LP def. has some limitations.

I put in only a few hours on Friday as signals on both 80 and 40 disappeared.
I'm not sure if this is related to the X-class flare or everyone getting some
sleep.  10m continued to disappoint on Saturday with every few stations
appearing and runs going unanswered.  20m was the money band this time around
with 40 and 15 tied.  I did drop down to 40 & 80 to take advantage of the 3x
point values for those bands but the dead bands on Fri coupled with the limited
'dark time' on Saturday left me with relatively fewer high point Qs.

Morbid curiosity and my competitive nature has me checking the contest dashboard
every hour or so.  I did mange to move up a few spots but could not come close
to the leaders with ~2x my score!  How do these folks do it?!?

Looking forward to SARTG, ARRL RTTY Round & BARTG up next month!