[3830] 9A DX S53M(S53ZO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 9A DX S53M(S53ZO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 16:14:45 +0000
                    Croatian DX Contest - 2023

Call: S53M
Operator(s): S53ZO
Station: S53M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23
OpMode: SO2R

  160:  117    25
   80:  467    50
   40:  536    63
   20:  452    65
   15:  449    78
   10:  157    56
-------------------
Total: 2178   337  Total Score = 2,552,101

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

I liked the new rules format of 9A DX contest and decided to go all in and see
what happens. I enjoyed the contest, the +2 night points per QSO give nice
additional motivation. Working mixed is a serious mental exercise but as the
contest started happening I begin to like it.

80m was amazing, I enjoyed staying there. On 160 I was more S&P as we are
without RX antennas due to summer wind damage in the local woods where the
beverage antennas are. On upper bands I had some nice, but rather short, runs
and had to do a lot of S&P.

S53M station has gone through a total upgrade since this summer and our work
really pays off. I didn't have to touch a single piece of hardware this contest,
only had to make a 10 seconds procedure to revert to a previous software version
of the switching matrix (called Matrigs) as the upgrade just before the contest
had some issues.

So kudos to 9A Youth guys and their mentor 9A6KX - you made a nice contest. SSB
self spotting every ten minutes is a nice solution to all the cheating issues
that the big boys have.

73
Simon, S53ZO