[3830] ARRL 10 KQ2M SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq2m@kq2m.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KQ2M SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 22:10:12 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KQ2M
Operator(s): KQ2M
Station: KQ2M

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  720    81
  SSB:  341    55
-------------------
Total: 1061   136  Total Score = 484,432

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Cndx very disappointing.  Once again Old Sol NAILED a DX contest weekend, this
time with an M5 flare on Friday just before the contest started and several more
times during the contest.

Operated from ~ 12 - 15z each day to run Europe and kept all antennas on EU,
going QRT each day when the opening faded out.  Whatever mults called in is what
I had so US/VE mults are very low.

Band opened late Saturday and Sunday with EU mostly gone by 1530z Saturday and
15z Sunday. Signals were hollow sounding for the first 30 minutes or so both
days and qsb was insanely fast and deep. Propagation was very spotlight most of
the weekend with occasional great openings to DL and little else, and then 5
minutes later it would switch to G, or PA, or 9A and then back to DL.  I had a
pipeline to AZ both days LOL!

With cndx as mediocre as they were I was quite surprised to have R8TT and R9MA
call in on Sunday even though with far better cndx I never heard a UA9 on 10 or
15 M in CQWWCW!

Rates on CW when the band was open to EU were excellent and were actually higher
than on SSB! Peak rates were ~ 250 last 10 qsos and 204 last 100 qsos on CW.

10 M remains one of my favorite contests and I look forward to operating in it
again next year, hopefully with better cndx.

73 and Happy Holidays to all!

Bob, KQ2M

kq2m@kq2m.com