[3830] ARRL 10 PW2E(PY2ZEA) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2zea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PW2E(PY2ZEA) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:19:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: PW2E
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PV2G

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GG68

   CW:
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2067   154  Total Score = 1,272,656

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Thanks to my friend Stephano, PY2IC, for the opportunity to operate -again-
his rural QTH PV2G on a small hill. The reception is usually good,
but on Sunday there was a thunderstorm, with static QRM up to S7-9 for 3 about
hours.

The rig: K3 with ACOM-2000A
Ant: 5 over 5 over 5 monoband yagis, on a 18m tower.

I chose a special call PW2E, thinking that it´s slways easy to copy
when entering someone´s pileup. The last "E" worked very well.
But the prefix was sometimes a problem, the most common versions being:
"WW2E" and "PJ2E".

Propagation to Europe was short, poor, and instable. Eu stations were never very
strong.

W/VE propagation was good and allowed to enter the "last layer" on
callers, such as QRP and indoor ant. users.

Japan is almost on the opposite site of the World.
Propagation to JA was goo - both on SP and LP, with many big signals.

We are pleased to witness that activity in China is increasing all the time.
Worked 27 BA-BY stations with good CW and good signals bpth on SP and LP.

TNX for QSOs,
73, until the next one,

Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM, etc.