[3830] ARRL 10 WA7BNM SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WA7BNM SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 20:43:22 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: S.Calif

   CW:  568    89
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  568    89  Total Score = 202,208

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ended up with a much higher score than I expected, with the SFI at the start
significantly lower than during CQWW CW, when I was SOSB10. As others on the
West Coast have commented, Friday evening (local) was only good for about 1.5
hrs. Saturday morning, no EU. Sunday morning some EU for about an hour. However,
the many available W/VE stations made it fun - you get the same number of QSO
points for working a W8 as you do an EA. Why spend your time in a pileup to work
a country you've already worked for a mult.

Rig: Icom 7610 - 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft fixed SE

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)