[3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 03:06:50 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 27:23

   CW: 1820   142
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1820   142  Total Score = 1,033,760

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another one for the books, even though while hoping for even more activity, this
contest I found less exciting than the one last year. Fr night was a bust; not
much East Coast action and only 91 QSOs before I decided to hit the sack. Last
year I made about three times as many QSOs while staying on for roughly two
additional hours, but it didn't seem to be in anyone's cards this year.
Sa was almost a replay of last year's action, which was decent (not any better,
though), but as soon as the light was turned off, the band died very quickly.
Since I don't have the patience of a VHF guy, I decided to call it quits and
watch a movie with the xyl before going to bed.
On Su, the band opened more rapidly than the year before, with similar rates of
about 100 Qs/h for the first four hours, before it settled at ~75Qs/h for the
next four. After that, it dropped to about 40 until, 70 minutes before the end,
I was forced to go qrt, due to an approaching thunderstorm. Too bad, because a
few JAs had started finding their way into the log. Well, what can you do...

Thanks everyone for the calls, especially from fellow contest club comrades,
which at times can be the toughest QSOs to make.

73
Wolf, NN7CW