[3830] ARRL 10 N4IW SO Mixed Unlimited Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidsimms1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4IW SO Mixed Unlimited Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 21:41:19 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N4IW
Operator(s): N4IW
Station: N4IW

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: VA

   CW:   87    43
  SSB:   43    33
-------------------
Total:  130    76  Total Score = 32,984

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

2023 ARRL 10 Meter Contest
I was “quadruple booked” this weekend so I missed many possible operating
hours.  We of course had Radio Club on Friday night, so I got a late start.  On
Saturday, I was intermittently involved from 6 am to 6 pm in an EmComm Direct
Messaging Group Exercise ( https://groups.io/g/EDM-Target-Stations ).  On
Sunday, I was responsible for running sound for both services at church which
takes 5+ hours.  Then, of course was the contest.  I started out on CW then
switched to phone for a while.  After I ran through the easy stations, I found
that my puny signal could not get through the big pileups, or even small ones
for that matter.  So, I switched back to CW where it was easier to make
contacts.  I went back and forth a few times to give the brain necessary breaks,
but I ended up with primarily CW contacts.  All my contacts were S&P.  When
I first got on after Radio Club on Friday night there was this huge signal on
the Flex Waterfall.  Turns out it was Ken, K4XL, so it was fun to work him as my
first contact.  I did not see or hear any of the other members that were logged
in on the PVRC Central VA Team.  I have seen that several others in our group
were in the contest, but they must not have changed their profile since our
Team’s name changed away from Yard Hogs. Anyway, the contest was a lot of fun
as usual.