[3830] ARRL 10 N1NQD SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1NQD SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:48:15 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: N1NQD
Operator(s): N1NQD
Station: N1NQD

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: NY

   CW:  177    68
  SSB:  339    78
-------------------
Total:  516   148  Total Score = 202,356

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Contest: ARRL10M
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  S-P  Cty  Pt/Q
    28  CW     177     708   34   34   4.0
    28  USB    339     678   30   48   2.0
 Total  Both   516    1386   64   82   2.7
Score: 202,356
Goal to beat last year, done.  More BIC, kind of. Official N1MM time was 23hrs,
in reality, Friday I really spent from 7pm to 9pm searching, had one 15 minute
spurt of 4 CW qsos and that was all that "counted".  Saturday night an
additional hour but no qso, and Sun am half an hour before 7am when no signals
present here in upstate NY. Not a big deal, because I would never be near the
36hr max per the contest, just wish there was a way to override with an
"I'm on and I'm off" button to be more accurate.
     Cw was of course with my trusty CW Get, but it is slow when having to deal
with serial numbers, especially with QSB or non computer generated code.   I had
a great two hour run Sun AM (tough to hold your spot with 100w) that was so far
up the band I was afraid I might have to switch to FM!! Close up states were
tough, the west, Europe and SA were all good.  Never know which way to aim the
beam.  After working west for an hour, decided to try running to the northeast,
first CQ???  A booming signal from OREGON off the back.  Kind of sums up the
contest.  All was good, still a lot to figure out, can't wait till the next one.
  Thanks for your qsos-73 Barry