[3830] ARRL 10 KN6OKY SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KN6OKY SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:41:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KN6OKY
Operator(s): KN6OKY
Station: KN6OKY

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: DM12lp

   CW:   0      0
  SSB:  67     43
-------------------
Total:  67     43  Total Score = 5,762

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I used my QRP radio x6100 this weekend along with two antennas, a JPC-7
vertical, and a homemade Moxon antenna that I built the past two months.  The
Moxon did better than I thought but occasionally got caught in my lines hosting
it up in the trees. Begin able to rotate it towards prospective stations was
huge and had the desired result. A snippet of the stats:
 Average bearing to the entities worked in each continent.
 QSOs in USA not counted.

 AS = 307
 NA = 110
 OC = 258
 SA = 122

Again, very useful to be able to turn the antenna.  I noticed a large skip over
part of the western US, but managed a lot of eastern stations.  I was hoping the
vert would resolve this but not so much, so maybe back to the drawing board.

 Total Contacts by Continent:
 Continent   Total     %
 ---------   -----   ---
 NA             50    75
 OC              7    10
 SA              7    10
 AS              3     4
 Total = 4
I have some refinement to do, some with the set up of the two antennas and how I
use them. Some other areas are with how to do S&P/call CQ effectively to
manage a better rate.  Additionally, I am going to look into spotting assistance
and evaluate that for the upcoming year.

I had a really great time, and considering I did 600% more than last year as my
first contest ever (December 2022) I will be back at it again in Dec 2024.  73
everyone!