[3830] ARRL 10 K3EW SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, phillipbarsky@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3EW SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:10:44 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K3EW
Operator(s): K3EW
Station: K3EW

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

   CW:  759   149
  SSB:  396   115
-------------------
Total: 1155   264  Total Score = 1,010,592

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Where the heck were the MO stations. Missed on both Modes. The one missed state
on CW. Friday night action - mostly locals with some SA and FL stations popping
through. Thank you for all of the PVRC QSO's.

I think we all agree that Saturday propagation was a disappointment, but Sunday
was more like it. Still CQWW CW Prop was superior to Sunday. Logged many JA's on
Sunday,2100-2200Z and grabbed a UA9.

Missed LP contacts on Sunday AM- (Which way should I have beamed?? SW /SE ??
Guidance please).

Nice EU runs on CW Saturday and on SSB Sunday. Huge SSB run Sunday beaming west
after local time noon- Pipeline to CA, OR WA TX NM CO. Lot's of 2X3 calls as Tom
has pointed out. He had told me to expect that on SSB - great fun working all of
the newer hams.

This was my first 10-meter contest in a very long time. (1988) The new
10/15-meter interlaced monoband Yagi from JK worked extremely well. Broke
pileups fairly easily even though not running legal power limit- (800 watts
output from old AL-80A-) Nice that antenna impedance so flat that no tweaking of
amp was required scooting all over from 28001 to 28100.