[3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19:22:24 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): K2PO K7YIC KD7VIK WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: M/S LP
QTH: OR

   CW:  848    99
  SSB:   51    28
-------------------
Total:  899   127  Total Score = 443,738

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Too bad condx weren’t as good as in CQWW CW, but they were good enough to keep
us busy with NA, SA, and AS. The event opened strong with a nice run covering JA
and NA, but the band started dying after 30-40 minutes and closed except for my
near neighbors by about 0120z. Saturday proceeded briskly but with very little
DX farther than the Caribbean. G4GA was the only EU worked. Late afternoon was
weak, with the expected JA run failing to build strength. Sunday was better –
we could at least HEAR most of the EU that we couldn’t work. We did get F, EA,
and CT into the log. And, surprisingly for an LP station, we were able to hold a
run on 28016 for over four hours, averaging about 70/hour with peak rates of
200+ on the “last ten” counter. The last hour and a half yielded a very
gratifying run of mostly JA’s. And as usual, WY was the hardest state to work
and was the only state that didn’t make it into the log.

73 & thanks for the Q’s

Bill K7YIC
Bill K2PO
Ron KD7VIK