[3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:35:28 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.4

   CW: 1557   118
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1557   118  Total Score = 734,904

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3 SPE 1.3K  5 el yagi at 60 feet

1604 q 47 dupes S/P - 67 DXCC - 51

Conditions weren't great like CQWW CW.  Sunday seemed better.  I had a good warm
up at ND7K for CQWW CW.  I was hoping for those conditions.  I was down 300 q's
from last year.

Friday night:  Worked 103 mostly JA and the band was gone by 01z except some
random LU/CE.

Saturday:  The band opened at 7 am PST and mostly southeast initially.  I
concentrated on running with very little pouncing.  Ended the day with 986 q's
and 64/30.  I never got a European opening.  The band closed abruptly again at
01z.

Sunday:  The band opened again at 7 am.  I was real shy of DXCC mults and went
looking for European stations.  The band opened to Europe at 7:30 and lasted
about an hour before the Europeans faded away.  The rest of the day was a
combination of running and sweeping the bands.  I missed DC, VY0, and VE8 and
got 5 XE states.  Final tally was 1604/67/51.

I like this contest.  You don't have to worry about being on the wrong band.
Since everyone works everyone, the pileups aren't terrible.  There are no
doldrums as in the SS.  It is just total fun.

73, Kurt W6PH