[3830] ARRL 10 LU3MG SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 LU3MG SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:05:49 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: LU3MG
Operator(s): LU3MG
Station: LU3MG

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Mendoza
Operating Time (hrs): 31:50

   CW: 1873   160
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1873   160  Total Score = 1,198,720

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Another ARRL contest!, I had envisioned surpassing last year's score, as in
every contest, which amounted to 1645 QSOs and 92 multipliers, placing me second
internationally in my category, just behind KP2M with 2006 contacts and 127
multipliers. To achieve this, meticulous study of propagation hours for the
10-meter band in each global zone with a significant number of stations (USA,
EUROPE, and JAPAN) was imperative.

An enhancement I had to implement was the ongoing use of a second keyboard for
SO2V operation—constantly calling on one frequency and searching for
multipliers and stations with the second keyboard. This strategy yielded an
additional 238 contacts, representing an increase of over 15%.

Propagation conditions were not as stable as in previous years. Europe opened
late with weak signals and minimal participation, especially from Germany—one
of the powerhouses in CW globally. On Saturday, the United States, starting at
noon, provided a few minutes of a running opportunity, and from 21 UTC onwards,
the maximum rate reached 140 contacts per hour.

Sunday witnessed significantly fewer contacts, almost half of the previous day,
with occasional propagation glimmers but never matching the excellent conditions
experienced in previous instances. To conclude the narrative, according to
Contest Online, we finished third overall, trailing behind AA3B and N9NC, with
whom we fiercely contested the top spots on Saturday. Unfortunately, on Sunday,
due to unfavorable conditions with Europe, catching up became an insurmountable
challenge.

Nevertheless, in the SOH(A) CW DX category, we secured the first
position—unless an unexpected entry emerges—inspiring us to continue
enhancing our station and operational capabilities!

I extend my gratitude to all operators who participated in this edition of ARRL
10M, and I encourage you to continue engaging in these captivating events that
bring us together around our radios to celebrate this beautiful hobby of Ham
Radio.

73 from Seba LU3MG.